My Rise Portfolio

Aug 03, 2022

Hi All, 

I hope you are having a nice week. 

I finished building my Rise portfolio here. It is my first portfolio and I am trying now to tone it and consider any update that may enhance it.

So, I would be grateful if you share with me your opinions about it and any also any suggestions you think it may make it better. 

I also have one final concern, does a Rise portfolio like I just made, succeeds in attracting new clients? 

Thank you

12 Replies
Ahmed Jendeya

I am not doing a great effort enough searching for new opportunities as I was busy in one long project in the last period of time since that.  However, I did applied for some but unfortunately nothing worked :( 

I am now totally free, and in the last three days I applied to several opportunities in Upwork, but nothing worked either! 

Alison  L.

I want to say HANG IN THERE! - it's positive, but not that helpful. 

Plus, my entire Department was eliminated in November, but even if you don't count the end of the year (no one with budgets hiring). I'm creeping up on month 6. Worse, I can confirm the "you get more interviews when you already have a job, than when you don't." - by like, a lot.

So it's not just you. 

And, because I have LinkedIn Premium, I can see the "# of Applicants" on a job's page and a ID with a bachelor's degree + 3-5yrs experience can easily hit 500 applicants in a week. There ARE a lot of jobs, so one trick is to get your resume's keywords right so you can "spray and prey".  

I've resolved to finally do a proper portfolio webiste and have reached out for (recent) help: https://community.articulate.com/discussions/building-better-courses/your-portfolio-in-2023  because "google" ( pref: duckduckgo.com ) is awash in undated "help".

However, THIS has "career tips" as a keyword, so if you want more recent articles/blog posts you can go to : https://community.articulate.com/search?tags%5B%5D=Career+Tips&search_sort=desc and change the Sort dropdown to "Newest to Oldest" 

GOOD LUCK!