New in Rise 360: More Course Customization with Themes

Jul 19, 2022

I’m so excited to share our latest release with you. Today, we shipped a huge update to Rise 360 that gives you more creative ways to customize the look and feel of your projects. Rise 360 now includes a variety of scroll-stopping themes—all created by award-winning designers—with more themes coming soon. Apply themes in just a few clicks, or, for that extra-personalized touch, we’ve added the option to customize many theme elements. 

The possibilities are endless, so let’s take a closer look at all the latest Rise 360 goodness.

New Themes

Rise 360 has always been a great option for quickly creating beautiful, responsive courses. And with the addition of Rise 360 themes, you’ve got brand-new ways to add your own unique spin to projects. 

Here’s a quick rundown of each theme:

• Rise—our original theme—is modern and clean-lined. It’s a tried-and-true design choice that never goes out of style.
  • Apex makes a bold, contemporary statement with striking, angular flourishes.
  • Horizon is a great choice when your project needs a design that’s elegant, sharp, and stylish.

You can see all three styles in the image below.

And these stunning new themes are just the beginning. We’ve got even more theme designs in development.

New Theme Customization

Before, Rise 360 theme customization options were found under the Settings menu. Now, we’ve pulled theme settings into a new Theme menu, as you can see below.

BEFORE

Before

AFTER

After

This change streamlines course creation by nesting all of the theme customization options in one spot. Under the new Theme menu, you’ll click to choose your desired theme and then click Save to apply it to your project. It’s as easy as that.

These striking themes were designed to be used as is to simplify and speed the course creation process. But for that extra-personalized look and feel, we’ve added more options to customize elements like cover page layout, navigation type, lesson headers, accent colors, font pairings, button styles, and more. With so many flexible options, you can style your theme to better meet your learners’ needs and easily create more cohesive, branded learning experiences.

To give you an idea of how these new themes can be customized, explore the following examples. We applied each theme to the same course content—and we customized each version with unique colors, navigation, and lesson header styles.

Explore Horizon

Horizon

Explore Apex

Apex

Explore Rise

Rise

What’s your favorite combination? Leave me a comment below.

Summing It Up

The new Rise 360 themes feature opens up a whole new world of possibilities. And we’re just getting started. There are more stylish theme designs in the works and we’re making progress on giving you the ability to create your own custom themes as well. We’re excited to continue delivering features that empower you to create eye-catching, unique learning experiences in record time. 

Want to try out Rise 360 themes for yourself? Head over to your Rise 360 dashboard and start with a new course, a course template, or any existing Rise 360 project. Don’t have Rise 360? Start your free 30-day trial of Articulate 360 now. 

Be sure to keep an eye on our Articulate 360 feature road map and the What’s New page to stay up-to-date on what we’re working on.

133 Replies
Stefan K

You should really prioritize the customization features, as this is definitely the biggest weak point of Rise. Please add full control, maybe something like the wordpress frontend editor or at least a "custom CSS"  option together with a full documentation of CSS classes and IDs.

As a small step: Add more variation to choose from. I like the frontpage of the "Apex" theme, but to be honest the "Apex"-menu is ugly - why is the icon flying around above the lesson-title? I looks like a bug and creates an endless long menu??

Megan Deeg

Hi there! I was curious if there is a way to save a custom theme instead of having to recreate it every time I create a new course. We use consistent colors and fonts to fit with our branding, and it would be nice not to have to go through all of the theme setting for every course we create. So far, I haven't discovered a way to do that. Is it possible? Thanks!

Karl Muller

Hi,

I created a Rise course that we use as a template for all our new courses.

The entire THEME consisting of the course cover image, icon, custom color, fonts, navigation, labels have all been set up. We also set up the Publish settings.

When we start a new project, I copy the template course and rename it, and assign team members to it. 

Note that you need  to first create a Lesson before you can edit the THEME.

Gren Foronda
Hi there!

Good news! You can now use theme color contrast to make sure that text or icons that appear on top of a theme color meet contrast guidelines automatically.

To use this new feature, simply go to the Themes tab, select Colors and choose one of the following options:
  • Auto: Turns text and meaningful graphics to black or white automatically depending on your accent color to meet the minimum accessibility contrast requirements.
  • Dark: Turns text and meaningful graphics to black.
  • Light: Turns text and meaningful graphics to white.

Contrast

Once you’ve given it a try, we’d love to hear what you think!