Poor image quality for centred images in RISE

Apr 14, 2022

I am uploading an image with branding as a centred image in rise and getting terrible artefacts. We cannot have this for the client course. I have inspected the element size for the rise centred images and they are showing in the inspector of the browser as 920px. 

I have created a banner of 3 brands in a 920px wide JPG, and have also tried as PNG. The same issue. The banner is exported as 96ppi resolution. I have tried 72ppi and made no difference.

Please advise. I have seen this was an issue 5 years ago in my searches, but have not seen resolve of old threads.

I have noticed that the images are being upscaled in the browser.

2 Replies
Ciaran Whelan

**UPDATE**

It seems there is an undocumented way to get around the artefact issue to images by simply adding _NOPROCESS_ to the end of the image name before the filetype.

Please can this be resolved in the RISE image settings to not process the images. Maybe a checkbox or something. This is not a good way to do this since most people will simply expect their images to come out perfect every time without  trying to remember to rename their image by adding something they will forget.

Karl Muller

Hi Ciaran,

Welcome to the Rise forums.

The use of _NOPROCESS_ is documented:

Pro Tip: If you'd like an image to keep its specific file format and not undergo compression, you can opt-out of image optimization on a case-by-case basis. Just add _NOPROCESS_ to the name of your image file. It'll upload and display exactly as you saved it. Keep in mind that file size limits still apply.

Source https://articulate.com/support/article/Best-Practices-for-Images-Videos-and-Audio-in-Rise-Courses