Possible to edit Quiz result slide in Rise?

Mar 09, 2018

Hi,

I'd really like to be able to edit the results slide which comes up in Rise but can't see an obvious way to do so. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Wayne

30 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Wayne.  The quiz results in Rise are built-in with the formatting determined.  What sort of ways were you looking to customize the results? 

Storyline gives you endless opportunities to control the look of your content -- is it possible for you to create a custom quiz in Storyline and add it to your Rise course using a Storyline block?  Bonus:  You can now use Storyline blocks in Rise to communicate completion!

Daniel Nyakana

It's great to know that the Storyline block if it's a quiz can communicate completion. One short coming I noticed and maybe you can take note of is to develop this function in the next update and that is when you have a drag and drop with submit interaction from Storyline that you bring into RISE and right after that block use a continue button that you control to not show any further content until the user has completed the block above the divider acts upon the block above it but not upon the Storyline block.

In other words when the submit button has been pressed this should make the divider style button active but the divider button reacts to the block above the Storyline block rather than the Storyline block itself. 

Thank you, 

Daniel

Daniel Nyakana

I noticed something, and maybe you can take note of it Crystal or someone on the Articulate team perhaps to develop this function in the next update and that is when you have a drag and drop with submit interaction from Storyline that you bring into RISE and right after that block use a continue button that you control to not show any further content until the user has completed the block above the divider acts upon the block above it but not upon the Storyline block.

In other words when the submit button has been pressed this should make the divider style button active but the divider button reacts to the block above the Storyline block rather than the Storyline block itself. 

Thank you, 

Daniel

Alyssa Gomez

Hey Kelsey!

It sounds like you turned off the course sidebar and removed the Previous/Next buttons in your course, is that right?

I can see how this does create a roadblock for learners, as there's no way for them to move forward after the quiz. Let me get this in front of my team to see how we can help. Thanks for letting us know what you'd like to see!

Ashley Schwartau

Hey Kelsey, I'm in the same boat. I have built a non-linear course in Rise and I need to be able to get from the Results page to a FINAL page that has a final message. I do not have Prev or Next buttons nor do I have a sidebar since the whole course is non-linear and branching. So how can I achieve this? Need to know ASAP!!!! Can something be adjusted so we can add BLOCKS to the Results page??????? 

kelsey rodgers

I had to scrap my entire navigational design, Ashley. I made a copy of it a Rise and then made another copy, which was a less exciting, linear course, with next and back buttons. Not the answer you're looking for, but I had a deadline and made the decision in the 11th hour.

Hopefully, it's a feature that can be added in the future.

kelsey rodgers

I think that could work.

You would have to build the quiz passing conditions in storyline and then add the continue divider. Then, set that to allow the user to continue once the block above has been completed. 

When you publish you can't use the quiz option to track completion, either the completion of the storyline block or % of course completion.