Pre and Post-test in Rise 360?

Feb 23, 2022

Hi all, I'm trying to figure out some kind of workaround for using a pre-test and post-test in a Rise 360 course. Does anyone know of a way to do this, either using Storyline, or some other test / quiz software (paid is an option)? I'm trying to 

• have a pre-test and post-test that all learners take (no test-out)
  • be able to compare the pre- and post-test results myself; ideally at the individual learner level, but also OK if just aggregate results
  • Also ideally, the tracking would be automatic--meaning, learners would not have to input their name, an ID number, or anything like that to link the two quiz results

2nd question/possible option: Currently, we're not using SCORM for the course. If we did (in Canvas), and we had a pre-test and post-test created in Rise, am I correct that all of the quiz data would be send to the LMS? And then I could export it and run analysis myself?  

I don't know javascript.

Thanks for any help!

1 Reply
Lea Agato

Hi, Writing Center! You’ll need an LMS to track learner completion and quiz results. If you have more than one quiz in a course, only one quiz can be used for tracking completion. Rise 360 will send all quiz data to your LMS. However, you will need to check with your LMS provider if you will be able to export and run analysis on the data.

As for the best way to create a pre-test and post-test course, I will leave it to the rest of the community to share their suggestions on the best way to achieve this.