Prohibiting Learners from moving to next section with Storyline Interactive Video in Rise 360

Jan 25, 2023

Hello All,

I am a bit stumped. I have created several interactive videos using storyline where the video pauses and forces the learner to answer the question prior to continuing to play. I used the following tutorial (https://training.articulate.com/webinars/create-interactive-video-quizzes-with-storyline-360)

I created the course in Rise 360 and embedded the videos using the Storyline block from the interactive menu. I have a continue button below the videos with the "complete the content above before moving on" setting. In the edit field you can see the settings but when I preview, it shows the "continue" button as soon as the video starts playing. And btw, the videos start playing as soon as the learner opens that section.

What I would like is the same setting I would see with a normal embedded video file. When the the learning opens the section, they manually start playing the video (as opposed to it starting on its own), they interact with the embedded questions, and then after the video is complete, the "continue" button then shows as available. That way I know the learners have watched and interacted with the video prior to moving on to the next section.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!!

4 Replies
Celigo University

I have a suggestion. First, you can control whether the video plays automatically or not in the Video Tools option menu. There's a drop-down menu for Play video, showing the options: Automatically, When Clicked, and When triggered.

As for the Continue button, set the Tracking option when you Publish the Storyline. You can have the completion of a quiz as the tracking mechanism to show the viewing is complete. Or you can create a slide at the end with a generic message about the learning having completed the video. And on that slide, add a trigger to mark the course complete. This way, the tracking setting has to be met for the Storyline block to be marked as complete.