Publishing Rise Course

May 31, 2023

I have tried to publish to a web as my client does not have an LMS. I've used Amazon S3 (in conjunction with CloudBerry, now MSP360) and keep getting error reports - Access Denied, xml file does not appear to have any style information. I've been searching articles, YouTube videos, reached out to MSP360 and I'm getting nowhere. I have to publish the Course this week and I can't seem to make that happen. It won't let me make ACL settings public or write a bucket policy or change each item individually (I change it and it resets), so anytime I click the index.html, I get errors. I'm not sure how else to deliver this to my client. 

I tried writing a bucket policy that would limit only people who access the link via my website or the client's, thinking this would be better protection for them, but that isn't working either. I have quizzes in my course but no record keeping required, just information for user to see as they take the course. I'm open to any suggestions; I really need to deliver this product (which I'm quite pleased with how it came out I must say).

3 Replies
Angelo Cruz

Hello Anne! I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are encountering.

Does this issue occur to one particular Rise course only or any course you upload to Amazon S3/MSP360? I have been using Amazon S3 to host my web-published Rise courses and I haven't encountered a similar issue.

Have you tried hosting your content using Google Cloud for testing purposes? This would help isolate as well if the issue is specific to MSP360. You may check out the video tutorial by Tom Kuhlmann to learn more about Google Cloud. Let me know if you need help testing your Rise course.

I'll leave this post open as well for other community members to chime in with their recommendations or solution.

Anne Koproski

Thank you for your response Angelo. I did begin using Google Cloud prior but will revisit today.

I'm curious if anyone has just given the zipped file to a client to post on their own? Any directions I should give them? I'm thinking I may be able hand this off with some instruction. Perhaps I should post this question separately. Thanks, again.