Quote format in Rise

Dec 10, 2018

I was wondering if there's a way to remove the quotation marks from the Quote blocks. Besides having the option to not include quotation marks (which is standard for block quotations in text), this would make those blocks double as a way to integrate smaller images.  

11 Replies
Michael Bellis

Hi, I have the same question. I don't want to change the layout of the quote. I'd like to use Quote Block C, but be able to customise the double quotes. This seems like it should be a simple feature, just make the quotes part of the custom labels. Alternatively it'd be great to be able to customise a Text & Image block to match the layout of the quote. At the moment it's only possible to change the size of the image, but below 50% the text box doesn't scale to fill the rest of the white space, so you get small image far left, with lots of white space in between it and text.Quote block translation problem in Rise

E A

Please, please please have an option in settings to make the quotes optional for all quote blocks. There are a lot of really nice blocks/designs within the quote section however I unfortunately never use them because of the quotes! Clients always asked me why they are there, why there is only one, can it be removed so I just stopped using them. A simple 'disable quote' options would make such a huge difference and from what I read in several posts, it has been years this has been requested.

Thank you.

A K

Adding an additional request for this feature. The current quotation marks limit the ways we can use these blocks. I would like to be able to use the author photo for an icon, and a small call out in the quote section. Currently the way we do this is to create an image, but this adds unnecessary when we go to translate the course. As much as possible, we try to keep text out of images due to our translation needs. 

Karl Muller

Hi Sophie,

You can do this for the Quote Blocks to get rid of the quotation marks:

Delete all the text from the Quote area and leave it blank.

Add your text to the Name area.

Format the text just like any other text paragraph. 

Note: Quote A and C will force a "-" at the start of the text in the Name area.