Removing Storyline Player in Rise

Aug 01, 2018

Hi there,

I've seen some old threads, but no resolution yet. Is there a way to remove the Storyline player in Rise, so that it blends seamlessly with the background?

This is the closest, I've gotten. It doesn't look great with the white player lines.

Thanks,

Nicole

11 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi Nicole.  We've got this behavior on our radar.  It looks like you're using the modern player with no controls and the light theme.  Because your slide dimensions won't stretch or change the aspect ratio to fill the Rise block, the player fills in the blank spaces with either dark gray or light white from the color theme.

We're having a look at what changes can be made to improve setups like yours where you'd like to have the Storyline interaction seamlessly become a part of the Rise frame.  I'll keep you posted on progress!

Jose Tansengco

Hi Rolando, 

Happy to chime in!

If you'd like to remove/reduce the margins of your embedded Storyline 360 course, you can do the following:

If these aren't the changes you are looking to make, would you mind sharing a screenshot of these extended uncontrolled margins that you are trying to remove?

Rolando Ruiz

Thank you, Jose, but I can't go for the full width on the SL block. It will be too big and the small would be too small. Reason why I'm using medium.

Here is a still of my current view. The space between the previous element (in Rise360) and the SL block (as marked with the pink lines and arrow) is too much, that is what I am trying to reduce to make the design more integrated. I did try everything on SL, like changing the size of my slides and scenes with no avail. I've eliminated player controls and  content margins as well, no luck.

rise 360 - hfd

Rolando Ruiz

0 top and bottom.

Look, this is my SL player preview. The white space above the blue banner is not as big as it shows on Rise360. I am figuring it's got to do with either SL player adding extra space or Rise360 content formatting. It's kind of logical that Rise's SL content block is trying to fit my SL block dimensions, but I think it should be reactive to the SL block instead of adding white space.

As Crystal mentioned above, Rise360 is creating that white space to accommodate the dimensions of my SL block. But this should be an easy fix for developers, I think.

Hey! Thank you for trying to help.

Jose Tansengco

Hi Rolando,

Thanks for sharing additional information regarding your course. Would you be willing to share a copy of your Storyline 360 project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can check if there's a way to modify the thickness of the white space in your course? We'll delete it when we're done testing!