Resize Rise Images

Mar 17, 2020

Hello,

I am wondering if there is a way to resize images in Rise? I am using a lot of the Labelled Graphics and Images in my course and I have received feedback that the images are huge which causes a lot of scrolling. I am currently taking screenshots of a cellphone screen for the photos, and they are ending up being very long.

I have tried to look up other discussions but haven't had much help on sizing. I am creating lots of graphics in Canva for Rise as well and would love to know the suggested size dimensions I should be using for different types.

Any help is super appreciated!

14 Replies
Advantage Parts

I did see a post about making images 10x10, which has helped a bit. Here is a screenshot of an example with the phone screenshot and text beside. As you can see it does not even fit in the screen for my browser. I was wondering if I could change the size of this photo to make it fit better?

Thank you!Image and text

Elizabeth Pawlicki

Thanks for including your image! Is that text part of a text block above the screenshot?  If not, maybe consider that as well.   I did a quick Peek for you on an way you can change the size of your photo so it's not as big in the labeled graphic: 

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/a1789059-860d-47d9-b246-cbcedff14cc6/review

Nellenda Rublico

Hi, Alyssa!

I am having similar problems with the labeled graphic widget and images becoming super large. Three of us have tried resizing the images in Photoshop, PowerPoint, and one other tool that I can't remember at the moment. None of this is working. What are we doing wrong? Thank you, for your help! 

Lisa Trinidad

For anyone who may be struggling with an image that is too "zoomed out", try inserting the image as a "Labeled Graphic" (with no markers) rather than using any of the image blocks. I had to insert an infographic that was quite long, and tried inserting it using all of the "Image" blocks and none of them worked. Now that I've inserted it using the Labeled Graphic block, the size is perfect and can even be adjusted to prevent pixelization.