Reusing images from content library throughout a Rise Course

Sep 03, 2018

Hello,

I wanted to reuse the same image from content library but cannot remember the search term I used and now cannot find it.  Is there any quick way to copy content library images into a different part of my Rise course without having to search for it again?  I know the file is  called IDCWdYrigaRu2xfY-stock-image.jpg

29 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Pam!

It sounds like what you need is a "recent images" list, or a feature that will allow you to easily copy images from one block to another. While those options aren't available at this time, I can see how they would make life easier! I'll share your experience with our team and pass along your idea. 😁

In the meantime, can you share a screenshot of the image you used? Hopefully we can help you pinpoint the search terms and find the image you're looking for! 

Joanna Reeves

Hi Alyssa, I have an image that I would like to use again but can't find it when I use the search function. Are you able to help with finding this? (Screenshot is attached, and file name is OQm8bgqFBy9w3Fav-stock-image.jpg)

I would also like to add my request for a feature that allows you to easily find images that you have used before. It would be useful to be able to search by file name (Which the current search function doesn't seem to recognise).

Thanks, Jo 

Patty Maher

Is there a way to easily access photos you've used before? I used a photo as the cover image in a Rise course, but then realized I'd have to create the course in Storyline instead because RIse can't do what we plan. I want to use the same cover image but can't find it now. Have tried every search term I can think of. It's frustrating because I can see the image in my Rise course, but it has no visible metadata. I looked at the code, and tried searching by the file name, but that didn't work either. This isn't the first time I've had this experience and I'm thinking there's got to be a better way -- any hints?

Allison LaMotte

Hi Patty,

Unfortunately, there's not currently a way to easily view images you've recently used, but that's a great idea! Would you be up for logging a feature request to tell us more about your specific needs?

In the meantime, if there’s anything else I can do to help, please let me know! 

Ned Whiteley

Hi Patty,

There is a workround that enables you to recover images that you have previously used in Rise and then place them in another Rise or Storyline course.

1.  Locate the image in your Rise course (this can either be in Edit mode or Preview mode).

2.  Right click on the image and select Save Image As and then save it to your hard drive with a suitable name.

Note: If your image also has text on top of it (Text on Image), you will need to be in Edit mode and first change your image to any of the other image options before right clicking on it ( the text layer prevents the image being selected for saving).

3.  Insert the image into your Storyline or Rise course in the usual way.

The advantage of this is that you now have a copy of the image on your hard drive and so won't have to go searching for it next time you want to use it.

Unfortunately, the one image I have not yet been able to find a way of saving is the cover image (sorry !).

In the meantime, if you are able to post a screenshot of the image you are trying to find, someone may be able to track it down for you.

Eddie Stevens

This happens to me all the time.  One thing I have found very helpful is to use Pixabay to search for images. I am pretty sure that RISE 360 is using the pixabay image library.

I find searching on Pixabay is quicker and you can see both photos and illustrations at the same time.

When i find the image in pixabay I can also see the key words that have been linked with the image.  This helps me to dig out the image directly on RISE 360 or i can download the image from Pixabay and upload directly

Janette Nicholson

This would be an amazing enhancement... I can't tell you how much time this would save if we could copy one image to another course. I swear my search term was "Restart computer" when I found my first image and now I've done searches for Laptop, PC, Restart, etc. and it has disappeared on me :)  

Janette Nicholson

That's a great idea Karl!  Thank you for the suggestion - I do have a "test course" where I tend to save all of the images that I also use for the course thumbnails in our LMS, unfortunately. Today, I made changes to an English course and thought I'd try to make it easy for our translation department and created the flip-card with the image for them to insert the French, never thinking that I wouldn't be able to find the same PC image (there's so many to choose from!).  Have a great day!

Lea Spille

Any updates on this? I need to reuse a whole bunch of images from an old course and trying to find them is a pain.

Block templates won't work cause I need to get them into a different kind of block. Reverse image searching through TinEye doesn't yield good results and searching different stock libraries is very time-consuming. I might need to resort to saving them individually but was hoping to avoid any loss in quality from smaller images.

It would be really helpful to have some kind of unique identifier saved as part of the file name so it's not just "stock-image.jpg" - like the identifier the original stock library uses. Even if different libraries use the same identifier, at least that would narrow it down to a few images.

Lea Agato

Thanks for adding your voice here, Lea!  We don't have this in our roadmap right now, but if ever we release a feature that will help, we'll be sure to share an update here.

In the meantime, if you need to reuse images from an old course, please try the following steps:

1. Open your course from your Rise 360 dashboard. 
  2. Export your course for web. 
  3. Extract the zip file, and open the content > assets folder. You should see all of your media there.