Rise 360 - Autoplay video

Dec 07, 2022

I am looking for a way to have small video clips autoplay on loop as elements of  my Rise lessons. Currently I do it with GIFs however the quality is low and filesize high, so would be better to use a more modern video format for this. Is it possible?

If I upload video files instead the user needs to click on each one to view which works, but gets annoying when there are 10+ short videos in a row.

1 Reply
Susi B

Hi,

as far as I remember the browsers are preset to stop videos from autoplaying. Some news sites autoplay and I always hate that, because I just want to read the article and not watch a video with commercial in front of it. So because of that I´m already negatively "trained" against autoplay.

It also depends on the individual user settings in the browser. I personally don´t like videos to autoplay, especially with audio in it. My "problem" with gifs is how do you indicate where it starts and where it ends? Depending on how long they are this can be confusing. And the permanent movement triggers you eyes and attention there. So if you have text-gif-text and there is movement all the time, a learner has a hard time to focus on the text.

Having the choice to actively watch a video is better for me and less distracting. (Only my opinion!)

My question for you would be, why do you have 10+ short videos in a row? Why is it not 1 video? Do you need those videos/gifs or would it be enough to use text + image?

Regards

Susi