Rise 360 Web Content - Client Could Not Open File to Load to Website

Apr 22, 2024

Last week I published a RISE course as web content for a client to upload to their website.  Since it was a small course, I was able to email the folder; however, the client could not open/unzip the folder, and neither could my boss.  I looked at security restrictions in the file properties with IT, and on the General tab we changed the security to unblock the content, applied it, and saved it.  My boss was able to open it, but when the client opened the folder, it was empty. I tried emailing the client the email with the link to download the web package on their end. Still no luck.  The client is a major internet security company, so I don't know if it is something on their end or not. I ended up having to just publish it as a preview and provide them that link which is not ideal.

Does anyone know what is causing this issue?

1 Reply
Luciana Piazza

Hi Cheryl, 

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a screenshot of what your client is experiencing due to their security permissions.  

I've gone ahead and opened a support case on your behalf. One of our talented Support Engineers will be in touch via email. Thanks so much for your patience! 

I hope that you have a great start to your day!