Rise 360 with a storyline block - using xAPI statements

Aug 05, 2022

Hi

I have created a quiz in storyline, and have added as a RISE block.

Will watershed, our dashboard system be able to read the xAPI statements placed in the storyline 360 file, when added to Rise as a block,  and then the Rise Lesson exported as an xAPI package to our LMS?

7 Replies
Angelo Cruz

Hi Sean! We added some additional xAPI triggers in SL, but there isn't a way to track the xAPI quiz data from the Storyline 360 file embedded in your Rise 360 course.

Which xAPI statements are you using in Storyline 360 that you are looking to track? I would suggest opening a support case here so that our engineers can take a closer look and investigate further.

Angelo Cruz

Hi Sean! Yes, you can still track course completion with a Storyline block.

Are you encountering issues getting your courses marked as complete when tracking using a Storyline block? Which LMS are you using? You can also test your course at SCORM Cloud to see if you get the same behavior.

You can also share your files with us for testing purposes by opening a support case here. Our engineers will be more than happy to assist you with your concern.

sean batkin

HI Angelo

We are using Cornerstone, and an 3rd party tool to capture xAPI statements.  I can't show you the resource, due to our company policy, yet I will see what is generated from rise.  Also, when you place an SL block in rise, it keeps resetting the block.  This is not idea for us.  We would prefer if RISE could remember where you are in each SL block and not reset it,  when you move to another lesson.  That would be really ideal actually.

Thoughts welcome...

Steven Benassi

Hi Matt!

Happy to jump in here!

We are still tracking an open feature request to give authors the ability to include xAPI reporting for Storyline Blocks embedded in a Rise 360 course. I've included your voice in the feature report and will update this discussion as soon as we have news to share!

If you'd like to stay up to date, please bookmark our Feature Roadmap.