Rise Admin Wish List
Hi all, I am the admin for a user group of 225 users, so some of this may not apply to smaller orgs, but I am also the admin for a wide variety of systems, so am taking some cues from that POV as well. I'll try to manage both "regular" and team functions appropriately.
- Support for SSO. This is the number one complaint I get from our users. They are now spoiled by SSO, and not happy when a new tool does not support it.
- Allow a setting whereby admins can access all courses at any time so that they can be re-assigned when, for example, a designer goes out unexpectedly. Currently, the best option is for each user to designate a backup user on each course, and we're doing that, but have already had multiple situations where both the primary and backup were both out when work needed to be done on a course. We also had a case where being collaborator was not enough - they needed to be the owner, and the current owner was out and there was nothing I could do. I realize not all orgs would want this capability, but for those who do, it needs to be an option, as it is causing us headaches somewhat regularly at this point (The holiday really highlighted this issue with the large number of users who were on vacation).
- As in #2 above, assure that Team admins can have access to all courses within their team, but that account admins can also access all teams and their content.
- Allow admins to see each team and each user as a folder rather than as a running list. So, I can click each team as a folder, then drill down into each user's content as folders below that. Doesn't have to be "folders' per se - a tree structure works just as well.
- Allow admins to change course ownership and/or add collaborators without actually opening the course. So, from the "folder view" in #4 above, have buttons that say "transfer ownership" and "add collaborators" right next to the link for the course. Even more ideally, an entire interface dedicated to this function so that I could, for example, click check boxes next to 11 courses and transfer all of them at once to a new owner, or add collaborators to multiple courses all at once. This would mean not only can I "checkbox" multiple courses at once, but I can also checkbox multiple users at once. While we're at it, ability to send out a preview link for any course to one or multiple people from that same menu.
- A better way to find owners and collaborators. As it stands, you have to type in the email address of the new owner. It seems like I should be able to click a drop-down of all users and select their name. With 225 users, I have to take extra time to look up their email address.
- An admin support panel, whereby I can see any and all tickets submitted by users within my account. I am happy to monitor that and take some work off of the Articulate support team for items we can resolve internally. It will also allow me to see who is being lazy and constantly submitting tickets vs. using available resources.
- Ability to see how recently each user has accessed the tool/logged in. For most of my systems, I run reports or pull a csv to monitor access. Those who have not accessed in awhile, I then contact to determine if their needs have changed. While it would be great to have some sort of tool that made this easy, I could settle for at least the ability to pull an excel file so that I can sort myself.
- As an addendum to #8, there is a lot of data I'd like to be able to see in a spreadsheet or report, such as:
- Courses by owner (including publish date, collaborators, etc)
- Courses by Team
- Last edit date for a course (and who did it)
- Courses by File Size
- Archived Courses (oh yeah, and the ability to Archive courses)
- I'm sure there's more, but that's what I can think of for now. Basically, whatever data is there, I want to be able to see.
- Ability to lock/unlock a course so that it cannot be opened or edited, to include locking the current owner out as needed.
- Ability to contact all users, either through the system or via a generated email.
- Ability to search, as broadly and narrowly as that can be managed. To include searching by course name, by owner, by collaborator, by key word, and any other ways search can be enabled.
- Ability to quickly allow a person or group access to the "preview" link of a course. Use case is ability to allow a supervisor to see one or all works by a particular user or team without having to go into each course and send them a preview link. Could take the form of generating a list of all preview links for a particular user I could then send out, as well as ability to send one link to multiple previewers without the need to open the course.
So, generally speaking, the trend today is to limit admin powers because people want to "own" their content. Understandable, but, with a group my size, we need the old draconian types of admin power where we can do anything, access anything, and slice and dice the data as needed. It could certainly be an option to turn off or on as each account desires, but we desire these options a great deal.