Rise and removing "take it again" option on Knowledge Check

Jul 01, 2019

Hello,

I provide feedback on my Knowlege checks in Rise and don't need the "take it again" option.  Is there a way to remove this?

Thank you!

Holly

58 Replies
Maja Słowińska

Alright, I made a couple of usability test on this traing and out of 5 users, 5 was confused on the "try again" message, even if the answer is correct. I was a bit more optimistic with Rise than with Storyline, but I am disappointed again. One reason for my disappointment is, because I don't feel you listen the community and remove this and the other I feel like this platform was launched again a bit too early and I don't see the team would work on this bugs. 

Matobo Learning
Éva Hüse Pedersen

Alright, I made a couple of usability test on this traing and out of 5 users, 5 was confused on the "try again" message, even if the answer is correct. I was a bit more optimistic with Rise than with Storyline, but I am disappointed again. One reason for my disappointment is, because I don't feel you listen the community and remove this and the other I feel like this platform was launched again a bit too early and I don't see the team would work on this bugs. 

Agreed. We have invested in Rise as an improvement in accessibility over our incumbent authoring tool, Gomo. We're entirely Mac-based, so Storyline is a non-starter for us.

We have around 600K learners and my biggest concern is how much noise the "try again" message will generate.

We can live with the other foibles and trust they'll get ironed out over time - but this particular bug feels like a significant oversight.

Any idea about when it might be fixed, please?

Crystal Horn

Éva, the CSS that Alex mentions is in the file, main.bundle.css, once you export the course for web or LMS. You can do a search in that file for the text block-knowledge__retake and you should be able to make those changes.

We aren't able to support modifying the published output, so I'd recommend making a backup copy of your exported file!

Mary-Lynne Snedden

I just had a client ask me to not display the take again button when someone has answered the question correctly. Who would take the quiz again if they got it right? I would not call this a feature request - it's a design flaw.

Another design flaw that needs to be fixed: in the multi-select question response, options that should be correct are indicated with a check and options that should not be selected are indicated with a x. At first glance, it looks like the checks and x's are an evaluation of the input. If a user has answered a multi select correctly, all they should see are checkmarks, and the options they correctly did not select should be blank. All 5 independent reviewers of my project got confused by the mixed message. There should be no x's except to say you made an incorrect choice.

Tom Oscar

Yes design of the questions and quizzes is so dated. Centered Feedback! Skeuomorphic paper look, Take again button, no control over the results page.  There is no way we can create any useable assessments in Rise. I prefer a great tool called GoMo for assessments. 

I have also been waiting for update to RISE knowledge checks for what seems like years! 

Sure I can edit the exported course files but that seems like an ill advised approach!