Rise and adding Audio

Nov 10, 2016

I'm playing around in Rise and I cannot see a way to add audio. Is this not possible? Currently I'm looking at an Image and text, but I would want to add audio to almost anything. This would be highly disappointing.

109 Replies
Career Time

Makes sense.  Maybe it's the visual that is throwing me off.  When I see the playback visual for audio, it feels like I'm about to listen to a podcast.  As a user, I might just scroll right past it since podcasts are not really my thing.  So as a designer, I would be hesitant to put relevant information into the audio feature.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Chiranjib,

You can also include media such as audio in the lesson types like the Process interaction, labelled graphic or timeline. You'll see in each of those when you go to add the individual items such as a marker in labelled graphic that they also have the option to include media or embed audio.

Hope that helps! 

Hi Ken,

Since each phone, mobile browser, and even web sites could have different rules or standards it was determined to have users click for those experiences rather than forcing it on them which could be a jarring experience and not even not supported on that device. 

We're always exploring new features or changes to existing features, so customer input is extremely valuable in that process. This behavior is one we're tracking as a feature request and once we have any information to share we'll update this discussion! 

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Janice!

Have you considered adding an introductory Blocks lesson to the beginning of your course?

That way, you can add anything you like to the course introduction--text, audio, video...the list goes on! When your learners click the "Start" button from the main page, it'll be the first lesson they see. 

I hope that sparks some ideas for you!

Hi Helen,

No silly questions here! 

Rise can be exported for LMS, No LMS - Web Only, or you could use the Share link to send along to others. So there isn't a direct import of Rise into Storyline (although we do have the reverse with the Storyline block in Rise) but you could look at using a web object to embed Rise content in a Storyline course.

Could you share a bit more about what you're looking to accomplish and we can point you in the right direction? 

April Hilbert

Hi, Ashley. We add narration/dictation to text in some of our Storyline courses... simply to give learners the option to listen to the material or read it... whichever they prefer. I see that narration can be added to some interactions in Rise but not to text boxes where the majority of readable material is.