RISE: Can we set quiz to only re-do the answers the learner got wrong? AND can I alter the quiz lock Continue button wording

Jun 22, 2023

Hi there,

1. I really like in Storyline how we don't have to make the learner take all the questions again if they only got one or two wrong as we reset to only retry the wrong answers.  I have used RISE for a while but many modules created without quizzes.  Now, I have a quiz, and I really don't want to make them answer all the questions again when they get one wrong.

Anything I can do?

2.  I locked the quiz  down in that they must pass to continue.  The message on the continue buttons says "You must pass knowledge check to continue"  on other continue buttons you can change the wording, I can't seem to find it in quiz settings, can I change it as we called this a "Quiz" not knowledge check and I want to say "Select Retry" ..

Anything I can do for this one?

Thanks

T

2 Replies
Hazel Bartolome

Hi there T!

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. I really like in Storyline how we don't have to make the learner take all the questions again if they only got one or two wrong as we reset to only retry the wrong answers.  I have used RISE for a while but many modules created without quizzes.  Now, I have a quiz, and I really don't want to make them answer all the questions again when they get one wrong. Anything I can do?

So sorry, this functionality isn't available in Rise right now. We're taking requests to Retry Only Incorrectly Answered Questions in Rise. I've added you to the list. If we make any changes, we'll let you know.

2.  I locked the quiz  down in that they must pass to continue.  The message on the continue buttons says "You must pass knowledge check to continue"  on other continue buttons you can change the wording, I can't seem to find it in quiz settings, can I change it as we called this a "Quiz" not knowledge check and I want to say "Select Retry". Anything I can do for this one?

Yes, here are the steps on how you can change the wording.

• Access your course
  • Go to Settings> then click on the Labels tab
  • Scroll down, under Quiz & Knowledge Check, you'll see Must pass before continuing listed in the table You can change it from there. Here's a screenshot for your reference

Hope this helps you!