Rise - change size of headers and lesson titles

May 10, 2018

When bulding courses in Rise I've noticed that it's impossible to change size of the header space (top marigin) or font size of the lesson's title. What I woud like to do is to get rid of all the empty space between the title and the first block of content. In the attached phot I marked the areas that I want to be able to edit. The final goal is to avoid scrolling down the page when I insert a Storyline block to Rise or just any other block of content or interactivity. I already turned off Previous and Next buttons from navigation and removed all padding from content blocks but it's still not enough. Does Articulate360 team consider adding such functions for editing marigins? Thank you

188 Replies
Don Yanaitis

No doubt, updating the CSS - whether published for web or SCORM - absolutely gets the job done. Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to bring the updated files back into Rise to retain the changes for further editing within the tool. As a result, there's really no way that I've found to use Articulate Review when making changes to the course outside of Rise. This adds to the level of workflow complexity - as a separate review tool needs to be used for client reviews (alpha, beta).

Clara Bova

Hi, I'm also interested in being able to customize the height of the page header. If this is not yet possible through the GUI, is it possible to customize CSS? I am new to Rise, but I'm a web developer. Is the recommendation just to create in Rise using default height, export files, edit CSS, then upload? Thanks!

Stephanie Diaz

Soooo, I have to wonder: this request started something like 3 years ago. Then there were ove 100 requests for this feature logged in this thread alone, then it was "it's on our roadmap," and now you're saying it isn't on your roadmap.

Regardless of whether there's another thread, I'm one of those people who would rather just straight-up be told the truth. Is this something that is doable or not? If it isn't something that can be programmed in for those of us who aren't expert CSS coders, I'd really like to know.

Thank you!

Carin Sampson

If anyone is interested, you can modify the CSS on the file output after exporting. You can do two ways:

First option: 

• unzip the SCORM file
  • open the main.bundle.css file using a code editor (I use Sublime Text)
  • locate the all of the segments (you will have a segment for each lesson) of code that say  .page__header-container 
  • delete the code within the {} following this segment
  • replace the code with display: none;
  • the final code should look like this .page__header-container{display: none;}@media (min-width:33.75em)
  • rezip the file and upload

Second option (I couldn't use this because our LMS was picky about the imsmanifest): 

Follow instructions from this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFRc7q7_Dxc