Rise Course Completion

Feb 23, 2022

Is there a list of items that contribute to a student showing course completion? For example, if there is audio, do they have to complete the audio? (If they scrub through the audio, the course register as complete?) I have the same question with video and also interactions.

Trying to understand out how Rise treats these components. I have the setting that they course must be completed in order, yet I can scroll through until it says continue. I might have a video and flashcards, for example between the continue breaks. And I am also viewing this under Preview - is the functionality different when just previewing the course?

4 Replies
Chino Navarro

Hi M W, thanks for reaching out. Course completion depends on the course's completion requirements. When you publish a course you can choose either Track using course completion, Track using quiz result, or Track using Storyline block.

• Track using course completion will communicate a completion when the learner views the required percentage of lessons.
  • Track using quiz results will communicate a completion when the learner completes a specific quiz in the course.
  • Track using Storyline block will communicate a completion when the learner fulfills the Storyline interaction's completion requirement. 

You can read more about Rise 360's course completion here: Rise 360: When a Course Communicates Completion to an LMS

Suppose you want to make sure the learners view a video, listen to audio, or complete an interaction. In that case, you can add a locked Continue button and set it to unlock when either the learner completes the block directly above the Continue button or all blocks above the Continue button. 

For example, you can add a locked Continue button right after a video block. Then you can set the Continue button to unlock when the block directly above it (Video block) is completed. This will require the learner to view the entire video before moving on through the course. 

You can read more about the Continue block here: New Rise feature: Continue Block