Rise course won't let learner review content (in LMS) after completing it

Aug 18, 2021

I built a course in Rise, published, and it has been uploaded to our LMS, Cornerstone. It functions as designed and moves to completed work. BUT, when I go back into the course to review (as a learner might want to) I can only see the last slide. There doesn't seem to be a way to get back to the content. My LMS admin has gone over and over this on their side and they can't find a system setting to adjust that would make a difference. Thoughts?

2 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi Amy,

In our LMS, once a learner has completed/mastered a course, they can return to the course and revisit and review any pat of the course. 

Based on our experiences, I would say that the Rise course is not causing the problem you are describing. 

Which navigation settings are you using for your course?

Amy Christmas

Thanks for the reply Karl. We actually managed to resolve the issue this morning. We were hung up on the technicals, but that wasn't (exactly) it.

I designed the course with action mapping in mind ala Cathy Moore. To do that effectively in Rise you have to turn off the menu. In an LMS then when you get to the end of a module like that...that's it. You're at the end with no way to navigate back to the beginning. No menu = no (free will) navigation.

So, I went back in to the course and added a button at the end (after the "exit LMS" button) that will allow learners to navigate back to the beginning if they wish. We just completed testing in the LMS and our solution works. Thanks for chiming in! Really appreciate it.