Rise Courses Disappearing

Dec 19, 2018

I just clicked to preview a Rise course and got an Articulate error page.  I went back to the main Rise page and the course I was working on, along with all the other courses in my account, had disappeared.  I got the "You don't have any courses.  Create a course and it will show up here" screen.

I logged in and out of my account three times before my courses re-appeared.  

This is the second time this has happened to me; the first time was a couple weeks ago.

I saw some older posts about how having the course open in multiple tabs or using the back button can cause this.  I only had one tab open but potentially used the back button - I honestly can't remember.  Is that issue still going on? 

It was an absolute nightmare thinking that my courses had all been lost.  I feel lucky that they were recovered but it makes me question whether Rise is stable enough for use.

3 Replies
Mike Olivieri

Hi Amanda,

I’m very sorry you ran into this problem. I can certainly understand how worried you were.

First, I want to assure you that you were never at risk of your Rise courses disappearing for good. Data integrity is extremely important to us and our engineering teams takes extraordinary precautions to keep your data safe. Here’s more information on how we do that.

Second, we have identified the bug that can prevent courses from loading which makes it look like they have temporarily disappeared. While the issue doesn’t put any data at risk, it’s a top priority for us to get a fix out given the understandable worry it can cause! We’ll update you here as soon as it’s been resolved. If we can help with anything else, please let us know.

Brian Weaver

I currently have a 30 day trial with RISE.

I have just written a module - there doesn't appear to be a way of saving it but l assume it does so automatically

I then logged back into RISE and went to the dashboard to find my course - nothing!

1 Any idea where l might find it?

2. Will l need to write it again?

3, If so, how do l ensure l do not lose it again?

Best wishes, Brian Weave