Rise Courses Not Opening

Jul 03, 2020

Hi: No notice sent yet - is there an issue with Rise courses opening. The Home Screen is there with all the courses, but a blank screen when trying to launch/edit.

30 Replies
Joanne Bentley

After I launch Rise and click on any Rise course to open, nothing appears in the web browser. The Home Screen is there with all the courses, but it just spins and says... hang tight.  At first I was the only one on my team to have this issue and now there are 5 other developers on my team having the same issue.

Joanne Bentley

We were using Chrome when the issue occurred. However, when we switch to Edge the editing/navigation buttons disappear -- which makes development/editing like working online in braille.... you mouse around until something changes the cursor and hope that you're clicking on what you remember being there when you could see it.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Joanne! 

Thanks for letting us know what browser you were using. Could you please try the following troubleshooting steps?

If you are still experiencing the problem, please reach out to our engineers here. We will dive deeper into this!

Angie Carter

Following this thread.

Several teammates and I have experienced the same issue. Updated browsers, cleared caches, restarted computer, went incognito, attempted in both Chrome and IE - some either function as expected or they see a blank screen in Chrome. In IE nobody cannot edit blocks.

I have submitted a ticket, but want to see if the community finds an answer as well.

Joanne Bentley

This is getting REALLY frustrating.... like Angie we have also updated browsers, cleared caches, restarted computer, went incognito, attempted in both Chrome and IE - some either function as expected or they see a blank screen in Chrome and in IE nobody cannot edit blocks.

I have submitted a ticket but they keep asking the same questions about browsers and clearing cache etc... how do I get connected with a real person as these seem like automated messages?

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Joanne,

I'm so sorry your experience in Rise 360 has been frustrating. It seems like you've run into issues in several browsers, so I want to address each one individually. 

• Internet Explorer is not supported for authoring in Rise 360, so you'll want to avoid using this browser. 
  • Microsoft Edge should be updated to the latest Chromium version. If it's not updated, you won't see editing buttons inside of Rise 360.
  • Google Chrome is your best bet. However, you mentioned that some people see a completely blank screen in Chrome. This is the issue that we'll want to dig into further. When you go to rise.articulate.com and open a course on your dashboard for editing, do you see a blank screen? 
Cemone Reti

Kia ora everyone, we are experiencing a similar problem. We are using the Moodle LMS and SCORM. I've found if you 'skip' the start button and go straight to the next section it appears to be fine, however if a participant has clicked 'Start' the blank screen displays and cannot be 'refreshed' by changing web browsers, clearing cache etc. Not ideal :/ so following this thread with interest.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Cemone,

That certainly sounds odd! Does this problem only happen in Moodle LMS, or does it also happen when you test your courses in SCORM Cloud?

We generally compare the behavior in SCORM Cloud to your LMS experience to try to parse out Rise 360 issues versus LMS issues.  We are happy to help you with that testing if you'd like to share your LMS output file with us here!