Rise Keyboard Navigation Not Functioning in First Lesson

Jun 30, 2022

Hello, I just created my first Rise course and have a question about the keyboard activation option. I have included a Continue button at the end of each lesson (most lessons require that the user completes some or all of the blocks in the lesson), and I have set the Navigation Mode at Restricted.

The first lesson only includes just one block using a text/paragraph containing the keyboard navigation instructions (for example, using the TAB key to move forward, pressing Enter to activate actions such as Continue, Next, etc. ).

I was able to start the course using the keyboard navigation (pressing tab to get to the “Start Course” button, followed by pressing Enter), which took me to the first lesson; however, it appears that the keyboard navigation will not jump to the Continue button in this lesson or activate the next lesson via the Sidebar. I did not experience this issue in any of the subsequent lessons. The Continue Button’s completion type is set as “None” in this lesson.

The keyboard navigation will only function if I remove the Continue button from this lesson. I would prefer to include the Continue button in this lesson for consistency purposes. Please let me know if there is any way to resolve this issue, other than removing the Continue button from the first lesson.

Thank you!

3 Replies