RISE: passing quiz but won't continue

Mar 13, 2020

Hey there! I have set up a course that has two languages in it. I have to put everything together b/c the branching won't recognize in our LMS. I have a quiz they are required to achieve 100% and move forward for each language within the course. I have it set up where both languages are included but navigate them for their own language and then come back in the end. My issue is the one quiz will not allow me to continue even though I pass 100% I've included a picture for you to see I'm not crazy. How can I get this to continue after they pass the quiz. Is there any reason it wouldn't continue?

8 Replies
Julie Stelter

I'm working on a similar problem this morning. It ended up that 2 previous lessons which I had completed were not marked as such. Stay tuned.

I think or hope the issue is that RISE or the LMS is getting confused with the button stack. For my course, I'm going to remove the CONTINUE button to force the use of the button stack so there is only one way to get through the course. Stay tuned.

New plan. I'm removing the button stack instead. I'm sad about this :(

Jeffrey Fazakerley

I too am attempting to do a branching style project. The first lesson they click a button that skips them ahead to another lesson depending on their specific field of study. When they do the first in the series of lessons it passes at 100% and continues no problem. But if I skip ahead to any of the other lessons, it says that you can't continue unless you pass, even though the quiz says passed. 

Mary Gregg

Jeffrey,  

I actually didn't get a response to my comment from a year ago but continued to work to resolve this and eventually logged a service ticket and got the support I needed. My scenario was that I needed to have one training in two languages and they needed to pass a 10 question quiz.  

Here is the logic as I understand it.  In Rise, if you say that the quiz must be complete then all of the quizzes in the earlier sections must be completed.  If the learner skipped a section that had a quiz then they can't complete the current quiz and move on.  

Here is how I have worked around that.  I set up the course with a button stack to go to to the sections with the lessons in the leaner's language.  I built my 2 quizzes in different languages in Storyline requiring the learner to pass the quiz.  I publish the Quiz to Review360.  I then uploaded the Quiz as a Storyline Block into my Rise Course.  The lesson after the Quiz is a button that takes the students to a final lesson.  Students from both language sections go to this final lesson.  This lesson is also a Storyline block.  This Storyline block is a simple bi-lingual Congratulations slide that has a trigger so that when the time line starts on the slide, it sends a completion to the LMS and an exit button to close the course.  

Then when Exporting the Rise Course, I choose "Track using Storyline block"  because you can't track using quiz and you can't track using course completion because they haven't completed a section of the content.