Rise scenario characters with visible disabilities

Feb 18, 2020

Hello

I create Rise learning for support/care workers in the disability sector. I was wondering if you can include one or two Rise scenario characters with visible disabilities.

You could at least give options to add a wheelchair, walking stick or cane to an existing scenario character. This will help greatly in the meantime.

Thank you!
Sumant

30 Replies
IT Econometrica

Adding my vote here for this functionality as well. Please add more variety to your avatars from an accessibility perspective. A wheelchair/walker/cane etc. option would be GREAT. Understand that this may be impossible to add for current photo avatars, but please do include for any future avatars. You could also add these options in for the more cartoon/animated avatars now.

IT Econometrica

We develop a lot of training for medical providers on how to help patients with mobility issues, so being able to actually have them interact with scenarios including patients IN a wheelchair, as an example, would be really helpful. It's not realistic for everyone to be standing in these contexts.

Sumant Murugesh

Hi Leo, that is very sad to hear. We are unable to use the scenario feature most of the time due to this. I hope you will consider this addition for the sake of everyone else who is wanting this feature.

Yes, I have seen the workaround, which is only applied until you re-export the course and then the changes are gone. Thanks anyway. 

Perhaps something for your team to consider is to provide a scenario template in Storyline which works similar to a scenario block in Rise. That will help a lot. Thank you.

Sumant Murugesh

Hi Leo, that is very sad to hear. We are unable to use the scenario feature most of the time due to this. I hope you will consider this addition for the sake of everyone else who is wanting this feature.

Yes, I have seen the workaround, which is only applied until you re-export the course and then the changes are gone. Thanks anyway. 

Perhaps something for your team to consider is to provide a scenario template in Storyline which works similar to a scenario block in Rise. That will help a lot. Thank you.

Paul Sewell

My organization will probably discontinue our subscription because of this. We work with individuals who have limb loss and there are no characters with prosthetic devices. There are 2 million individuals with limb loss in the US, please expand your roadmap to include these folks. It's long overdue.