RISE + Storyline 360 , responsive design? My problem :

Nov 17, 2022

Hello community,
I design e-learning modules with RISE in which I integrate Storyline interactive screens.
In the Storyline player settings, I check "accessibility settings" and "full screen" visible.
However, when I view the training module on my phone, the "full screen" feature does not work.
As a result, the screens made on Storyline are displayed very small on my phone. (they are unreadable)
Do you know how to set up the Storyline screens in RISE to make the e-learning "readable", depending on the environment in which it is viewed (smartphone, computer, etc.).

Thanks for your help
Sincerely,

Natacha

5 Replies
Helen Dudley

Hi Natacha

I have the same issue. I'd like to know how to make the Storyline activities in a Rise course appear better when the learner is using a mobile or tablet.

Helen

Notice of Legal Status and Confidential Information: This electronic mail message and any accompanying attachments may contain information that is privileged and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not the intended recipient you are advised that any use, review, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of the information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this document in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the message.

Angelo Cruz

Hi Natacha!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties with how the Storyline blocks appear in your Rise course when using a mobile device.

Have you tried changing the width of the Storyline block itself? If not, here's how:

1. Hover over the Storyline block and click the Edit button that appears.
  2. When the sidebar opens, go to the Settings tab, then choose a Storyline Width from the drop-down list. Small or Medium should work best for you.

There isn't a full-screen option for Storyline blocks like video blocks do. However, we are tracking a similar request to add this option in Rise. I'll add you to that list so you'll get notified if we make changes that will help.

Angelo Cruz

Hi Helen!

What kind of activities do you have on your Storyline project? Have you tried adjusting the width of the Storyline block in Rise?

If you are also looking for a full-screen option for Storyline blocks in Rise, I can add you to the feature request list and we'll get reach out to you if we have any updates.