Rise Themes Kick me Offline

Nov 29, 2022

Over the past few days when working in Rise, every time I go to the Themes section, I intermittently see the message that I'm offline, even though all other web services I'm using remain connected to the internet. After a few seconds my course loads again but sometimes I lose the changes I've been making (uploading fonts etc). For the record, as soon as I leave the themes section, I can work without issues in the main part of Rise.

It's becoming unworkable and is taking me such a long time to make basic changes to my themes, with it coming down to pot luck whether I can upload and save my changes in time. Has anyone else encountered this, and if so, are there any browser settings that I might use to solve the issue. I'm using the latest version of Chrome on a PC. My colleague, who is running the same system and setup as me does not experience these issues.

As always, I'd be grateful for any help. Thanks.

2 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi David, I'm sorry you had to wait for a response from us! I use Chrome on my Mac regularly, and I haven't seen a problem. Are you still having trouble?

To cover our bases, I would recommend doing a browser and machine reboot, and even (gasp) a clearing of your cache! If that doesn't help, we can brainstorm in a support case.