Rise to Wordpress

Jul 05, 2021

Dear Rise Support Team,

I've been researching how to best embed a Rise course into wordpress for a while now and I came across GrassBlade xAPI. But I don't quite understand if I need a LMS plugin like Learndash, or if GrassBlade xAPI alone is sufficient.

I need the following functions:

-Only certain people can do the course (password, token or registration).
-The progress should be saved

Or is there a completely different solution for this?

Best regards,

Rosa

2 Replies
Saurabh Chauhan

Hi,

LearnDash LMS provides you a course structure, features to sell courses, a good course catalog, and much more like certificates.

LearnDash doesn't support Rise content (HTML5, xAPI, or SCORM package) out of the box. So you need the GrassBlade xAPI Companion plugin that integrates with LearnDash LMS too.

To track & save progress, you need an LRS. Any LRS can be used but to use the LearnDash integration feature you need GrassBlade Cloud LRS.

Do I need LearnDash LMS?
To just upload and launch the content, you do not need LearnDash LMS. GrassBlade xAPI Companion plugin can handle it and you can use any LRS to save progress and reports. If you go for GrassBlade Cloud LRS, it provides front-end admin & user reports as well.

If you have many courses and want to create a complete course website, then the LMS plugin is good for you.

Lock content for specific users, registration, login & membership:

GrassBlade xAPI Companion has a built-in security feature, so content can only be viewed by logged-in users. Until & unless you enable the guest access settings.

For login & registration pages, you can use any free profile or membership plugins like WP Profile Builder or Paid Membership pro [free plugin can also sell memberships and can lock content under various membership levels].

I hope this helps you, check out the GrassBlade demo: https://demo.nextsoftwaresolutions.com/

vince M

GrassBlade xAPI Companion plugin failed to upload SCORM and xAPI content and we ended up using eLearningfreak and Cluevo which both worked. Both eLearningfreak and Cluevo offer fantastic tech support, something  we didn't get from GrassBlade.  Lastly, Grassblade never offered us a refund for their product that didn't work. Something to consider.