SCORM 2004 4th edition reporting in CSOD of Rise Courses

Nov 06, 2017

Hello brave & noble hero community,

I'm looking to track details of the specific questions a user is getting right in a final assessment within a Rise course using a Cornerstone on Demand (CSOD) LMS. The settings I use to publish are SCORM 2004, and 'track using quiz result'. 

Unfortunately, the LMS doesn't recognise the Rise quiz lesson as an assessment (unlike when I publish a storyline course with 4th edition SCORM reporting linked to a results slide). 

I've put the course in SCORM cloud and I can't see any data that's being produced around what specific questions are being answered, just the eventual score (again, unlike my storyline courses). 

I know there are other threads relating to CSOD IE errors where compatibility settings are forced, but that's not an issue for me. I also appreciate that if my organisation adopted an LRS and I'd published this in xAPI, I wouldn't have this problem, but I have to settle with SCORM for now.

Am I missing a setting somewhere that would allow me to see the responses a user gives within a quiz? Am I looking for something that isn't there?

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Cheers,

Tom

18 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Chandler,

Our team is still looking at adding a feature to allow you to track question-level data for Rise quiz questions, and we're targeting to release that feature by this quarter. Some Rise timelines may shift as we test and look at implementing new features, so we'll let you know as soon as this is ready.

Thanks for your patience as we work to make a product you can love!

Linda DuBois

Can someone provide specifics on LMS export settings for a Rise quiz? Here's what I'm using to publish a Rise course and quiz to Cornerstone. Despite the link provided saying "Rise courses now send question-level details to an LMS", that does not seem to be the case in my reporting. Thanks! 

Export type: LMS

LMS: SCORM 2004

Edition: 3rd edition (This is recommended by CSOD for SL files. Is it the same for Rise quizzes?)

Tracking using quiz result: Quiz

Reporting: Passed/Incomplete

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Linda, 

The quiz details should be reported to your LMS, but I don't know enough about Cornerstone's reporting to know which option to choose. 

Do you have an LMS admin or support person you could connect with? 

If you wanted to test the course outside of your LMS, using SCORM Cloud is a great option. You could also enable LMS debug mode when you test in SCORM Cloud and your LMS to compare the information passed between both. 

Mark Banit

Anyone else experiencing issues with the question-level data that Rise outputs being incomplete? I had previously done some testing with it, and had experienced the question stems displaying wrong (almost seemed to be showing a previous version in some cases, in other cases it was random characters). Testing again today and that seems to be fine, but I noticed that out of my 12 quiz questions for a particular course, it's only displaying 8 of them in my LMS's question-level data report. One of the missing questions is True/False, one Multiple Choice and two Multiple Response.... so doesn't seem to be an issue with a specific question type, and I can't spot any pattern or reason as to why they aren't included.

Any thoughts?

Heidi Schafer

Hello, 

When publishing a RISE course with an knowledge check/assessment to CSOD, if we publish for SCORM 2004, which edition should be selected 2nd, 3rd or 4th for publishing the RISE file? We are looking for question level reporting. Does the 4th Edition work with Cornerstone? 

• 90% passing threshold
  • 2 attempts

Thanks in advance :) 

Lea Agato

Hi Heidi, I found this information from Cornerstone's support site:

Cornerstone currently supports SCORM 1.2, 2004 (3rd edition) and AICC. Note: Currently, SCORM 2004 3rd edition is implemented. Backward compatibility is generally expected, and thus courses published in 2nd edition is likely to work properly, but it is advised that courses are created using SCORM 2004 3rd edition.

You can follow the SCORM format recommended by Cornerstone when publishing your Rise course. I hope this helps!