Sending User to Section of Rise Course with Storyline Block

Oct 25, 2017

Hey, 

I've created a Storyline interaction and uploaded it into one of my Rise courses with the new Storyline block feature. Inside that Storyline interaction I have a link saying "see resources on lesson 3". Can I send the user to that page once they've clicked the link inside the Storyline block? 

Thanks

5 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hey John,

That's an interesting idea! Since you'll publish the Storyline content to Articulate Review prior to publishing and hosting the Rise course, you wouldn't be able to insert a link from the published Rise course into Storyline. 

I have another idea for you, though! Try adding a Button Interaction below the Storyline Block. Then, set the button destination to be "lesson 3". Give it a try!

Thibault Jeuland

I've try but it's not  really the solution I want to use.

I've manage to get the link to a specific lesson, by publishing the rise course with a button block linking to the lesson I want and then get the link by inspecting the web page.

I've then edit my storyline course, republished it and add it to the rise course.

The link seems to work, but it'll open on a new page, and not inside the actual page of my LMS (changing the whole URL instead of the one in the iframe content)

I'm actually trying to figure out how the link of the rise button is making the changes to the iframe content to copy the method into storyline

Renz Sevilla

Hi Thibault! 

Thanks for reaching out! This will not work if the link you copied from your published course in your LMS points to a specific session. This would be why it opens in a new tab separate from your current session. 

That being said, the community may be able to chime in with a creative solution for you!