Some questions about RISE 360

Jun 29, 2022

Hi. My name is Thomas and I've been working with Storyline 360 ​​and Rise for a while. So far I have been alone in using RISE 360 in our company. But now I have a colleague who supports me. Now the following questions arise.

1. When my colleague creates a lesson with Rise 360, she owns it. I can contribute, but I can't export the course. This is bad if my colleague should drop out. Is there a way to change this?
  2. We would like to give our participants the opportunity to switch directly to the next RISE 360 learning module. For this, however, a hyperlink to the next Rise module would have to be installed. Unfortunately we haven't figured out how to do this yet. Is this even possible or do we have to go a different route.

Thanks in advance for your support. Please excuse my english, but I´m writing from Germany an hope that Google Translater did a good job. 

Greetings Thomas

3 Replies
Tom Planer

Hi Karl, 

Thank you for your answer. We use the possibility of RISE to create a link to the course and then send it to the participants. Now we would like to make it possible to include that link at the end of a learning module, so that the participant can go directly to the next module.

An LMS is currently not in use, but we are considering whether to use Moodle as an LMS in the medium term.

Kind regards Tom

Karl Muller

Hi Thomas,

Rise is purely a course creation tool, that's all it is.

It was designed to be used with a Learning Management system so Rise itself does not have any course delivery or student management functions. 

It sounds like you are using the Rise SHARE link to provide access to participants

The SHARE link works well to provide access to reviewers and Subject Matter Experts that need to approve a course before it is released.

The SHARE link does not work well for students because:

• It does not save any student data
  • Students have to restart the course every time they access it
  • There is no record of course completion
  • Cannot create a Learning Plan and assign a collection of courses to students