Storyline Block allows full screen only on tablet

Jun 09, 2021

Hello,

I am facing a conundrum here.  

I have linked to a Review 360 element through the Interactive choices and while it looks ok on a large monitor, a 13-inch laptop renders it too small, even at FULL size in the Rise settings.

I tried to add full screen functionality in Articulate's player settings itself before publishing, but it did not seem to help matters. 

BUT...when I scroll through the Laptop/tablet/phone views in the preview in Rise, I see that the tablet version does have the that full-screen icon in the player bar in the embedded Review 360 element. 

Why doesn't this full-screen icon appear as a choice in the laptop player bar treatment?!?

I need help!

Thanks.

4 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Nick! The best way to preview a Storyline block is on the mobile device itself. That way you can get a better idea of how the Storyline block will appear on a device.

I suggest emailing yourself the course Share link, then open that link from your tablet or mobile phone. Let me know if that helps!

Nick Soave

Hi Alyssa,

Thank you for your reply.

The issue I am having is not with the mobile layout or view. 

This issue is that the DESKTOP view with a Storyline block embedded video does not offer a FULL SCREEN element in the playbar that is visible in the MOBILE interface.

I have attached screen grabs to illustrate my issue.

I believe this has been covered in other threads, but having this option will make a huge difference for our Rise initiative.

Thank you!

-Nick

Alyssa Gomez

Thank you for clarifying that for me, Nick! The screenshots you included were helpful. On desktops, Storyline blocks will always display within the Rise lesson. The player will not have a fullscreen button like the one you see on mobile devices.

If your Storyline block looks too small in your lesson, try using the Full Width setting. 

If we make any changes to the Storyline block feature in the future, we'll let you know!