Storyline Block in Rise - Content from another users Review 360

Dec 16, 2021

I'm having a workflow issue where one of our developers is working on the RISE portion of a course, and another one from another department is working on an element that is to be added via the Storyline Block.  However, in order to add this to the RISE course, the person working in RISE needs to open and publish the course to THEIR Review360 account.  Is there a way to share better?  The linking up here seems pretty wonky. 

Pinned Reply
Kelly Auner

Hi everyone!

We are excited to share that we have released Rise 360 Team Folders! You can now create shared team folders in Rise 360 to organize your content and share content with collaborators even faster. We know this has been a popular feature request and we can't wait for you to finally check it out!

Your Rise 360 dashboard will look a little different but don't worry. You can find all of your content, personal and shared, in the My View section. If you run into any snags or have additional questions about Rise 360 Team Folders, our team is available in this discussion or in a support case.

7 Replies
Lea Agato

Hi Matthew, that's right! You'll only have access to items in Review 360 that your user has published. One way you can work around this is to add the Storyline 360 author as a course manager collaborator on the Rise 360 course. The Storyline 360 author can then add the Storyline block in the Rise course and publish it. I hope this helps!

Matthew Uhrich

Yeah I do understand this work-around, but it just seems a little clunky.  I'd love for the teams feature to really be overhauled, so we can have shared repository of courses, ability to put items in sub-folders, and see files that others are working on without having to explicitly add as collaborators for each individual course (or at least have a way to set some users as default collaborators).

Angie Seaman

Another vote here for updating so that any collaborator manager can add any review file to a Rise course. We're working on a large number of Rise files for a certification, and we didn't realize we would need to keep track of which Storyline author needs to insert their own files into which Rise files. It's a pretty frustrating process.

Kelly Auner

Hi everyone!

We are excited to share that we have released Rise 360 Team Folders! You can now create shared team folders in Rise 360 to organize your content and share content with collaborators even faster. We know this has been a popular feature request and we can't wait for you to finally check it out!

Your Rise 360 dashboard will look a little different but don't worry. You can find all of your content, personal and shared, in the My View section. If you run into any snags or have additional questions about Rise 360 Team Folders, our team is available in this discussion or in a support case.