Storyline block in Rise course: Reporting issues

Aug 14, 2023

Hi,

I wrote a quiz in Storyline 360 (freefrom questions, set to mark pass on 80% correct based on number of questions). It's out of 10 but has 20 questions, so if you get one wrong it will give you an alternative, so the mark is always out of 10. Within Storyline itself, it works fine (so 8/10, 9/10 or retry if less that 8/10 etc & results display as planned). Results slide is set on Final Assessment, passing score 80% and only score viewed questions. 

However, I set this as a Storyline block in Rise (as it was part of a longer course and the quizzing within Rise didn't give me what I needed) and then set the pass / incomplete to mark on the Storyline block.

The issue is, it works fine if people are getting 10/10 (so displays as 100% complete) but if you get 9/10 (so block will display 9/10) the reporting on the LMS (& SCORMCloud for that matter) gives different percentages. For example, I got 8/10 and it said I failed and got 57%! 

It seems to be calculating it on total number of questions attempted for the percentage (so, e.g. if I got 9/10 but actually did the alternative questions on one of them, it is marking the percentage as 9/11, despite displaying the correct 9/10 on the Storyline block, so the percentage shows as 82% (rounded up).

Has anyone else experienced this and is there a workaround? Ideally, we wanted to be able to report on the quiz as it's for a compliance piece. I've had to set it on completion of course only now because of this reporting issue with the quiz results.

1 Reply