Storyline Block in Rise - Title Not Updating

Sep 22, 2022

Hello there, 

I'm new to adding Storyline to Rise and experiencing some issues with the title of the Storyline file I include in Rise.

How I Built My Storyline Files

I built-out all the storyline blocks I needed for my Rise courses at once. I did this by creating the first file in storyline, then created each new file by "saving-as" (so I didn't have to re-configure the player controls each time). 

How I Added to Rise

1. Well, I went to add my first block to Rise. When I did, it displayed the big long title I had given the file. (see attachment 1)
  2. Of course, I didn't want my file nomenclature to show up for learners, so I updated the title of all my files. (see attachment 2)

The Issue Persists

I thought this would also update what is displayed to the learner in Rise, but to no avail. It still shows up with the big long title (see attachment 3).

Am I missing something simple?

-L

On a related note, every storyline block displays the exact same title. I'm not sure how to update what the learner sees in Rise.  

1 Reply
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Luciana! Thanks for sharing those details on how you created your Storyline blocks. In general, you'll need to delete your Storyline block and insert it again anytime you've published changes to the Storyline content. This will ensure learners are seeing the most up-to-date version of the block.

Regarding the titles that are displaying, you can try removing the Storyline Block title from the player so that only the play button will appear there. Here's how: 

• Open the Storyline 360 file, and click the Player button to open the Player Properties window.
  • Delete the title in the Title field in the Player Properties window and uncheck the title option.
  • Re-publish the content to Review 360.
  • Back in Rise 360, delete the Storyline block.
  • Add a new Storyline block, and insert the latest version of the Storyline content. 

Let me know if that makes a difference!