Storyline items in Rise showing up as back rectangles with a "Play" button on Android mobile phone

May 01, 2023

I have a test module with some Storyline items imported into a Rise module. The storyline slides look fine on a computer, but on my Samsung Adroid phone, the Storyline slides all appear as black rectangles with a white play button, so it looks like they are videos to be played. Once I click "play" they work, but I'd like the designs of the interactvities to be visible on the screen right away. Is this a setting I need to change, or is this normal?

1 Reply
Judy Nollet

Mobile devices (and some browsers) often have settings that prevent media from automatically playing. Instead, they require the user to click a Play button to indicate that they want to see the content. 

If the first slide of your Storyline includes any  audio or video, it might work to remove those (e.g., put media on the 2nd slide). 

There's more info here: Storyline and Studio: Media Doesn't Autoplay When Slides Advance Automatically - Articulate Support