Table disappears when adding a .svg background file in Rise

Apr 18, 2024

Hi all, 

I am creating a course in Rise : https://rise.articulate.com/share/G2uvuQt6f3PDnIRYhFAhuXuXCwejAYY6

In Step 2: Create Aligned Assessments, I created a simple table with black font.

When adding a background (.svg file) the text and cell outline content of the table disappears (but the header remains). I have been able to get the text visible again by manually highlighting the cell text and changing the color to black, but this doesn't work for the cell outline or the bullet points.... 

I tried converting the background file to a .png and changing the individual cell background color to white, neither of which helped. 

Any ideas? Do I need to not use a background? Different file type?

2 Replies
Eric Santos

Hello Rachel, 

Happy to help. I appreciate the change you've already applied as a possible solution and for sharing the Rise share link!

Have you tried changing the table's cell background color instead of the content color to see if it helps? Format your table by selecting multiple cells or clicking on a cell without selecting text. When the table toolbar appears, select a cell background color that contrasts the text color, cell outline, and bullet points.

Please let me know if you have any questions.