Text alignment on flip cards

Jun 20, 2018

Hi, I've noticed an issue with the alignment of text on flip cards. Rise appears to center text entered to flip cards by default, and whether or not the author can apply other formatting is inconsistent.

In the screenshot below, you can see that the text on the reverse of flip card 1 is center aligned, even though left alignment has been applied in the edit options. In the case of flip card 2, however, the left alignment has applied without any difficulty. Any ideas on why this is happening? Currently the only way we can get all cards consistently aligned is to center everything, but this isn't consistent with our desired design approach.

Thanks.

9 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Majella!

Thanks for bringing this up to us.  Our team is also seeing alignment issues on Flashcards, and we're investigating why this is happening.

So far, we've found that if you have at least 3 flashcards, the text aligns to the left properly.  Are you working with 2 or less cards, by any chance? 

We want it to function no matter the number, but I'd like to get your experience to make sure that condition applied to everyone.  Thanks!

Dianne Callaghan

I am also having this issue. I have 2 flashcards side-by-side in a block (8 cards altogether across 4 blocks in the same lesson) and can't align the text left on the first card. It used to be aligned left when the course was first created and exported to our LMS, but now I go back into the course in Rise it is centred and I cannot align it left. It is also happening on stacked flashcards. Can you advise when this will be fixed? Thank you.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi there Majella and Dianne! 

As Katie mentioned above, we want to be sure to keep you updated!

You'll be happy to know that we have an update to Rise today:

Enhanced: Text in flashcard blocks can now be left-aligned.

In fact, there are now five alignment options for text throughout Rise: left, center, right, justify, and a new option to return to the default alignment for the selected text. Learn more.

There's nothing to install. New features and fixes are immediately available, though you might need to export a Rise course again to update existing published output with a new feature or bug fix. 

All the details on our Rise updates can be found here.

Jena Rappolt-Noyes

Hello, 

I am still having issue with creating 2 flip cards. Card on left is fine, Card on Right; comes in centered. Although I can left justify it , the font size changes and goes larger, I can change size of text but not the numbering. Attached is the image after trying to fix it.

Angelo Cruz

Hi Jena! Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear that you are still encountering issues with the text format in your flashcards. I tried this from my end and the alignment, as well as the order numbering, appears to be in the correct format. Here's the link to the sample Rise course I created. Our engineers can investigate this issue further if you continue to encounter this issue. Feel free to open a support case here and share your files as necessary.

Jena Rappolt-Noyes

Angelo,
Thank you for following up and testing it. I see you were successful in keeping the alignment. Now, if you change the font size on the text, will the numbers tend to stay the same size while the text converts correctly. This is what I have been encountering.
Thank you!

Reply to Text alignment on flip cards<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A