Unable to publish Rise course to Web

Apr 09, 2024

I have a series of Rise course modules that I am uploading to our LMS (Thinkific). They are not using SCORM, so I am using the publish to web option. All of them work fine except one. When I try to publish this course to the web and download it to my computer, Windows Defender blocks the download and says it contains a trojan. Any idea what may be going on there?

5 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hi Whitney,

Happy to help!

If your Windows Defender program has outdated definitions, it may mistakenly classify a legitimate file as a false positive, which is most likely what is happening here. Another common reason for false positives is heuristic detection, which identifies potential threats based on behavioral patterns. This approach can occasionally flag legitimate files that exhibit behaviors similar to malware.

One test that you can do to confirm that your Rise 360 course is malware-free is to test using the following sites: 

If both websites confirm that the published output is malware-free, you can feel confident that your files are safe. From here, I recommend working with your IT Team so they can update their virus definitions to include the file that was falsely flagged as malicious. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Steven Benassi

Hi Green Building Education Services!

Sorry to hear you've also run into this setback!

Have you had a chance to scan your file with the websites my teammate Joe shared? If they both report no malware detected, you can be assured the file is safe. If you run into any trouble during the process, please connect with us through a support case. We'd be happy to assist further!