Undo Function in RISE

Dec 05, 2018

Any further word on recovering blocks that are accidentally deleted?  I am creating my first RISE course and I'm astounded that there doesn't seem to be a way to "undo" a mistake...a function that is common to virutally EVERY program out there!  Thanks...

101 Replies
Maribeth Mees

Just lost a week of work when I tried to delete just ONE block (step) of a ten step "PROCESS".  I deleted ONE STEP and it deleted ALL THE STEPS.  And I can't undo. Please add me to the list of voters.  Also, this is my FIRST Rise project so I was totally shocked this would happen.

If anyone has a trick for recovering steps in a process that would be awesome!

Alyssa Gomez
Hi everyone! We've improved the visibility and functionality of the undo notification that appears when you delete blocks and lessons.

The new undo notification appears for 12 seconds with a timer indicator. If you need longer than 12 seconds, hover your mouse over the notification to pause the timer. You'll also see multiple notifications when more than one block is deleted.

Let us know if you have any questions about this enhancement!
Fraser Hawkins
Alyssa Gomez
Hi everyone! We've improved the visibility and functionality of the undo notification that appears when you delete blocks and lessons.

The new undo notification appears for 12 seconds with a timer indicator. If you need longer than 12 seconds, hover your mouse over the notification to pause the timer. You'll also see multiple notifications when more than one block is deleted.

Let us know if you have any questions about this enhancement!

I have a question: when will this be replaced with an actual undo feature? 

Chris Roetzer

+1 or +10,000? I think this feature request is about 3 years old. Is this a huge development effort Articulate? Can you share is this anywhere on the roadmap?

Speaking of that, we could really use better visibility into Feature requests/Roadmap (or maybe it's there and IDK about it?) For example, LMS-provider Docebo has an access for clients to submit feature requests, browse and upvote other submissions, mark one as similar/consider combining, etc. And you can view status of any FR, like once it moves from Submitted to Research and if you're lucky one day it moves to "Doing" while others might be dispositioned "Unlikely" or something like that. Granted, that visibility is limited to super-admins only, but there's still visibility. Can we get/do we have something more along these lines?