Upload a published SCORM to Rise 360 to edit

Jul 05, 2021

I have got a published scorm file from a customer, they dont have access to the rise account it was made on and they need me to edit it for them. How can I upload the scorm file into my rise account so that I can edit it? I have seen some instructions online but I cant find the manage tab element? 

Import Your Training into Rise
In Rise, select the Manage tab and then select Courses.
In the upper right, click the Import Course link.
On the window that displays, click Upload Course.
Select the SCORM package you exported in the previous step and, once the package is finished uploading, click Done.

Is this because I am still on my trial at the moment?

Any help appreciated.

16 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi Melanie,

The link you provided above does not relate to the Rise 360 course authoring system.

As indicated in the URL, the link is referring to a related Articulate product https://rise.com/ 

I gets very confusing because Articulate uses "Rise" to refer to different combinations of their product offerings.

Rise.com combines the Articulate Rise LMS with the Rise course development system.

The above link provides instructions about how to upload a SCORM package into the Rise.com LMS course library for delivery to learners.

Karl Muller

Hi Toya, 

The exported SCORM ZIP file is not considered a source file as it is not editable.

The source is the original Rise course.

If the contractor that developed the course for your organization still has access to the original course, there is a Rise function that allows them to  send a copy to someone in your organization that has an active Articulate 360 subscription. 

Karl Muller

Hi Jennifer,

Storyline files are stored on a local drive, but the only copies of Rise courses are stored in the cloud.

Typically Articulate will save Rise courses for 6 months after an account is deactivated.

Recommend that you contact Articulate Tech Support to check if those courses still exist.