Uploading Rise File to SharePoint

Feb 28, 2017

Hey All! I am looking to export a Rise File and upload it to a SharePoint site. Has anyone attempted this?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Cara

35 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Rocco!

It looks like you're using SharePoint Online, is that right?

SharePoint Online (the Microsoft Office 365 Hosted Edition) won't play HTML files. As a result, SharePoint Online can't host published Rise 360 content, which includes HTML files.

You might have been able to work around this on desktop machines by renaming the .html file to .aspx. Hopefully someone who has used a similar hosting solution can point you in the right direction!

Ree Walker-Greer

Hi there,
I'm experiencing a similar problem. I use Windows 10 Enterprise and when I save the entire file to our SharePoint site Microsoft Version 20.114.0607.0002 (July 10, 2020), I receive a blank screen as well. 

Ree Walker-Greer

Thank you for the confirmation.

Are you able to provide any further details regarding "Share Web link for Rise courses."

The course that I'm designing is 3-5 min course for our leadership team within our board area and I do not need to track their progress of taking the course. In addition, we do not desire the course to be loaded into our LMS. We simply desire a shareable link to embed into our gamification platform for this small group of leaders. 

However, the article for Share a Web Link states the following: 

"Sharing a Rise 360 course is easy. We give you the ability to get your awesome content in the hands of small audiences quickly with a shareable link. It’s there when you want to show your progress or get input from someone that you’re not collaborating with in Review 360.Viewing a course via a shareable link is not a long-term hosting solution. And a shared course doesn’t track your learners’ progress. When they leave and come back, they have to start all over."

My question to you is:
1.  What is considered a small audience?
2.  What is the duration/hosting term of the shareable link, when it's for a small audience?

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Stephanie, thanks for checking in! 

SharePoint Online (the Microsoft Office 365 Hosted Edition) won't play HTML files. As a result, SharePoint Online can't host published Rise 360 content, which includes HTML files.

We suggest hosting your content on another web server - check out our recommendations here.

Connie R Kozak

Colleen - I'd be really interested in how you changed the file type from .html to .aspx AND then were able to house them in a place which could be brought into SharePoint.  We have SharePoint Online (SPO).  The only way I can figure out how to change the extension is to open the file and change it in the URL line.  But when I do, the https:// goes away and then will not be accepted within SPO.