URGENT help required' RISE 360: Mentor/coach/support

Jan 31, 2022

Good morning everyone, is there anyone out there who would be willing to help me with a small RISE project? Do you know anyone who could help?

Happy of course to pay your fees

Kind regards,

Brian Weaver

2 Replies
Karin Rex

UPDATE: Brian reached out to me via email and sent me a sample storyboard. I thought I would share my reply here so others have this information as well.

Very nice to meet you, Brian! However, in looking at your storyboard and questions, I would like to point out a few things and have a couple of questions for you:

• This course is not an ideal candidate for Rise as Rise does not allow for voice over in the way the storyboard calls for it. NOTE: I am not suggesting that the course couldn’t be done in Rise – just that it cannot be done as described in the storyboard (with voice overs reading every screen). However, obviously your client would have to agree to that.
  • Rise allows a single accent color, so the requested color palette is not a real “thing” in this program. (Albeit somebody could conceivable create a color palette and manually use it throughout the course.)
  • I could recreate the storyboard you sent me in about an hour in Rise – and I am betting you could as well. Have you looked at any Rise course examples? Have you jumped in with two feet and given it a try? The real trick to Rise is in making it engaging for the learners, which takes solid design and development skills and a background in instructional design.
  • I can offer you an instructor-led 3 hour training class in Rise that would cost you $XXX for up to 6 people to attend. This is typically not viable for an independent contractor on their own.
  • I facilitated two free one-hour session at The Training Magazine over the past two years. Either of these sessions (which are recorded and free) would give you a solid start in the program. Visit trainingmagnetwork.com  and do a search on my name and the sessions will show up.

In short – I don’t think you need me – or anybody for this work. If you decide differently, DO reach back out. Best of luck to you!