What's your hack for doing lists with icons?

Apr 11, 2024

I'd really love a list where I could have icons - with the layout of the numered list.

But it's not a thing, and I sometimes compromise and use the 'image and text' - but it looks awful since the icons are so far away from the text.

The numbered list is already close to how I'd like it to look, and it's almost like Articulate was going to let you edit the numbers, since you can type in values in their editor (but anything you type in doesn't get saved).

If you were able to specify images for each item which get turned into the bullet, that would be perfect. However, asking for feature changes in Rise just seems to be black-holed by Articulate.

I'd also tried the "Quote D" type where you delete the authors name, but you get double apostrophe glyphs you can't remove, and the padding is huge (even when set to zero).

What tricks have you pulled when trying to do a simple list with icons?

6 Replies
Phil Foss

"Simple list with icons" that made me chuckle and snort coffee all over my laptop. I think I found a good solution with Icons8 they have a huge library and have a very liberal licensing. The only downside is it creates a dependency on icons8.com links. And to use for free you need to credit them, which I think you could do with a 'notes' section at the end of your course. I shall record a video and go over the licensing options and how to "simply" install in your course.

simple list with icons