Will there be any feature to include Lesson Templates/Content Lessons for custom/internal modules?

Jul 27, 2022

The current Lesson Templates/Content Lessons page looks great. So it is very easy to select the modules from different courses and preview them. 

I am just wondering if in the future, will there be any feature for custom Lesson Templates/Categories with Preview options? 

I know that we can create custom blocks by selecting everything but it is not user-friendly and intuitive like that.

Thanks

2 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Kanaat!

It sounds like you want to create your own custom lesson template or course template and save that template to your template repository.

While that's not an option in Rise 360 right now, we'll let you know if we add that in the future! 

For now, If you want to create a full course template, follow these steps:

1. Create a new Rise 360 course, and design it as a template course.
  2. Add the word "Template" to the title.
  3. Duplicate that template course anytime you want to design a new course based on that template.

Let me know if you have any questions about that process!

Roberta Westwood

Hi Kanaat,

I have created my own work around for this, and it works quite well.

I've set up a new Rise course (l'll call it something like ARTICULATE CONTENT), then I will add a whole slew of lesson templates, which I then use as a bit of a 'library'. When doing this, I'll usually add all the lessons in a category, rather than picking and choosing.

Then at my convenience, I'll go through that course and decide which ones I am going to use, not use, or adapt. I might add words like GOOD, or NOT SURE, or TO ADAPT, to the lesson titles, so remind me what I liked.

I'll also sort them, dragging them into an order that makes sense to me, with section dividers. For example, I have one such 'library' right now with lessons sorted under headings of COLLABORATION, TEAM SKILLS, OVERCOMING OBSTACLES, etc. 

I've ended up creating several of these libraries of the content, and turn to them when the need arises. 

I hope this helps!