Blog Post

Discover
1 MIN READ

Storyline: Choose an Avatar Template

5 years ago

This download uses a simple number variable (along with appropriate triggers and states) to allow learners to select an avatar which then appears throughout the course or scenario. 

Explore this project.

Published 5 years ago
Version 1.0
  • I'm using this exact concept for a lesson I'm finishing up right now. I've got 6 choices - 3 male and 3 female. I'm putting 1 avatar on each layer and adding a conversation between the supervisor and the avatar. Since the learner can choose either a male or female avatar, I also have a male and female voice for the avatar they choose. I then use the variable for the avatar to turn on the correct audio track and turn off the other audio track on the base layer.
    AgnesHauser
    Community Member
    Hi,

I am a total newbie with Articulate and I don't understand how you got the female charakter into the conditions of your male charakter.

I can only add some other conditions for the same charakter. Where is the trick?
      JeffMiller-b2d1
      Community Member
      Agnes. You are essentially repeating the work for the female character that you did for the male character. Whether you put the characters on the same layer, imposed on each other, or if you put them on different layers, you'll need to use a variable to tell the program which avatar to turn on and which one to turn off. Think of it as a binary choice, the answer either gives you "male" or female" on the option slide. Then on the following slide if the variable is "male" , then you change state to "normal" for the male avatar and "hidden" for the female. As I said, you can do that on the same layer, or your "male/female" variable can have the "male" or the "female" layer show at the beginning to the timeline
  • Love this! I'm sure there anyway to create in Storyline 3, could you share a similar Storyline 3 template?