Base layer

Feb 01, 2019

My base layer keeps showing up between my other layers. How do I keep it from showing up between the other layers displaying.

16 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Tanya, thanks for clarifying that!

With your permission, I'd like to take a look at your project file to investigate what's happening. You can import the single slide into a new file, then send me the new file to review. 

You can share it publicly here, or send it to me privately by uploading it here. I'll delete it when I'm done troubleshooting.

Tanya Swofford

Hi there, I can't figure out how to share just the slides so here is the link to the current entire project. It has a long way to go.

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/72fe0519-cb65-4a35-b47d-9d3e3cdbe05e/review

Thank you,

Tanya Swofford
Executive Administrative Assistant - CSG
Engle Martin & Associates

5565 Glenridge Connector NE | Suite 900
Atlanta, Georgia 30342
O: 678.553.0696 | F: 678.553.4401 | M: 678.758.5567
www.englemartin.com | tswofford@englemartin.com

Connect with us:

[cid:image009.png@01D36211.EC89DB60] [cid:image010.png@01D36211.EC89DB60] [cid:image011.png@01D36211.EC89DB60] [cid:image012.png@01D36211.EC89DB60] <https://www.instagram.com/engle

Katie Riggio

Hey, Tanya. Happy to help, too!

I'm having some trouble reproducing the base layer issue in your published output. Have no fear, though! I've started a support case so we can continue to communicate there to nail down the culprit. 

By the way, it looks like you may have replied by email where your contact information came through. This Peek video will show you how to edit it out if you’d like!

Adam Collins

Hello,

My issue is similar. When I switch layers, there is a momentary flash to the base layer. It is less than .25 second, but it is enough that I am not able to use more than one layers or else my base layer will flash at every interaction that changes a layer. Is this a glitch in Storyline, or am I missing something?

Adam Collins

Hello, Ashley.

I submitted a modified version of the file for the team to review. However, I noticed something when I modified the file to be able to go back to the base layer.

I think that Storyline has issues processing the .png files that I need for the software mock up fast enough. For instance, when I added a button to loop back to the base layer of the project, there was not a glitch the second time I went through it. I am not sure if Storyline is not able to cache the files fast enough the first go around (if that is how it works) but it does appear to correct itself when the second play through occurs.

Katie Riggio

Hi, Norma. Sorry you're running into this!

Peeking at Adam's case, I see that our team logged this behavior as a software bug. We found that transitioning between layers that have images could cause flickering when viewing the HTML5 output for the first time on Chrome and Firefox. 

Does that description match your experience? Also, would you be able to share your .story file with our Support team for testing? You can send it privately to our team here. They'll take a closer look, and will delete it after troubleshooting.

Dakota Brown

Having the same challenge.  The base layer peeks through when the other layers transition to one another.  When I try to go into SLIDE LAYER PROPERTIES on the base layer to hide it, I don't get that option.  I can only access SLIDE PROPERTIES when I right-click on the layer title.

Been using this program for a couple weeks and still learning!

Walt Hamilton

Dakota,

When the second layer shows, the first thing it does is hide any other layer that is showing, which leaves the base showing. Then it starts its own timeline. Since the picture has an entrance animation, it begins to fade it in. During the time it is fading, you can see the base. I see three possibilities:

1. Don't give the pictures an entrance animation.

2. Don't set the layers to hide other layers.

Both of these suggest other problems to me, so I would probably do this:

3. Copy the picture on layer one, and paste it to layer two. Remove its entrance animation, and move it under the layer two picture. When the second layer shows, it looks like layer one is still there, then the second picture fades in.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.