Storyline 360 crash when editing result slide [SOLVED]

May 04, 2020

Hello everyone !

I have a problem when I'm trying to interact with a result slide on my project. Everytime I try to edit the content of a result slide, Storyline crashes without any warnings. If I try to moves the slide on the Story View, I get the following error message (see "crashlog.txt" in attachement). I made a video to illustrate the bug I'm experiencing (see attachement).

Things I tried :

• uninstall/reinstall Articulate 360 and Storyline 360 (latest version), still crashes
  • open the same file on another computer using same account, crashes too
  • sending the file to a colleague with another account, works fine for him he hasn't any problem

Any help is welcome, I really don't know what to do and I haven't found anything close to my problem on the forums.

EDIT : problem related to the language I was using (FR). See answers below !

Thanks in advance for your help !
Max

3 Replies
Maxime Hertoghe

Ok so for anyone having this problem, I've found a solution (and I have no idea why it behave this way).

I was looking another bug related thread (https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/storyline-crashes-when-trigger-conditions-added) and I thought : "hell, why not, I don't know what I'm doing anymore". 

Well guess what, it worked. Switching off the new trigger pannel did the trick for me, no more sudden crash when editing / moving a default result slide. For folks wondering how to do that, it's in the "Files" tab, under Storyline option.

@Storyline Staff, you might want to take a look at this issue, in my team I was the only one experiencing it, but this is definitely something not working right.

EDIT : ok so final edit, just found another thread saying this is related to my language preferences set to "FRENCH". Switched to english and now all is working fine. Mission accomplish, FR BAD ENGLISH GOOD ! Have a great day everyone.

Leslie McKerchie

Way to keep us up-to-date on your progress, Hertoghe. I appreciate that. I'm glad you were able to find a couple of workarounds for your issue, but I wanted to share some additional news!

We just released another update for Articulate 360, and included a few important fixes that you'll see in the release notes here

The item you'll be interested in is:

Fixed: Storyline 360 could behave erratically or crash when using a non-English interface.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for Storyline 360. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.