The Articulate 360 desktop app gives you quick access to all the authoring tools and resources in your subscription. It’s where you:
- Install, update, and open desktop-authoring apps, such as Storyline and Studio.
- Get notifications when new software updates are available.
- Open web apps, such as Rise 360 and Review 360.
- Manage your profile, account, and preferences.
- Run diagnostics.
The Articulate 360 desktop app is always just a click away. It runs quietly in your computer’s system tray (by the clock). Click the Articulate 360 icon when you need it.
In this user guide, you'll learn how to:
- Install the Articulate 360 Desktop App
- Update the Articulate 360 Desktop App
- Snooze Notifications
- Manually Check for Updates
Before you get started…
Articulate 360 requires a Windows PC running Windows 7 SP1 or later, Windows 8, or Windows 10. Click here for system requirements.
If you're using a Mac, click here to learn about installing Articulate apps in a Windows virtual environment.
And you may need to whitelist these websites to access all Articulate 360 resources.
- Go to https://360.articulate.com and sign in with your Articulate ID. (Your Articulate ID is the email address and password you used when you signed up for a free trial or bought a subscription. It’s also the email address and password you use to sign in to the E-Learning Heroes community. If you don’t remember your password, you can reset it.)
- After signing in, click Download Apps in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click Start Download and save the installation file on your computer.
- Right-click the installation file and choose Run as administrator.
- When the installer launches, select your preferred language and click Install Now.
- When the installation is complete, click Finish.
- The Articulate 360 desktop app will automatically open. If you're prompted to sign in, use your Articulate ID email address and password again.
That's it! When you click the X in the upper right corner of the desktop app, it'll shrink to your computer's system tray (by the clock) and continue to run quietly in the background. When you need it again, just click the Articulate 360 icon in your system tray or double-click the shortcut on your desktop.
Now that you’ve installed your desktop app, check out these user guides to learn more about using it:
- Articulate 360: Using the Desktop-Authoring Apps
- Articulate 360: Using the Web Apps
- Articulate 360: Managing Your Profile, Account, and Preferences
- Articulate 360: Running Diagnostics
One of the benefits of an Articulate 360 subscription is that you get continuous updates when new features are available. If notifications are enabled in your preferences, you’ll get an instant Windows notification when an update is available. And you’ll always see when an update is available as soon as you open the Articulate 360 desktop app, as shown here.
To install an update for the Articulate 360 desktop app, simply click the blue Update button in the top right corner. The update will automatically download and install without any additional prompts. It couldn’t be easier!
After updating the Articulate 360 desktop app, you can then update your authoring apps, such as Storyline 360. Learn more.
If you’re not ready to install a new update, you can snooze the notification for a day, a week, or until the next update is available. Click the bell icon on the blue status bar and choose one of the options.
Snoozing a notification temporarily hides the blue status bar. If you’d also like to turn off Windows notifications for Articulate 360 updates, like the one shown below, you can do that too. Click here for details.
You can manually check for updates at any time, even if you’ve temporarily snoozed notifications. Click the drop-down arrow in the upper right corner of the Articulate 360 desktop app and choose Check for Updates.